Reading the Bible Together
As a church fellowship we are venturing on something very exciting. We elders would like to encourage everyone to join in a 'Reading the Bible Together' plan.
The scheme allows you to read the Scriptures on your own and in your own time. You may like to read a few verses a day, or a chapter a day, or all in one go.
You can add this monthly reading to your existing Bible reading plan or simply make this your sole plan. You may want to share the reading of the Scriptures by partnering with someone else at a time convenient to yourselves. You will find it helpful to record what you learn and any questions you want to follow up. Do this in whatever format suits you. It will certainly deepen our understanding of the Scriptures and encourage us to be built up in our Faith.
Here is the outline for Year One (2021)
Meeting and Learning about God and His Son Jesus in all the Scriptures
Here are some guiding questions
Mar: Psalms 1-72
May: 1 & 2 Corinthians
Jul: 1 Samuel
Sep: Psalms 73-150
Nov: Galatians, Ephesians, Philippians, Colossians, 1 & 2 Thessalonians
1. What did you learn about God the Father and the Lord Jesus? (Luke 24:45-47)
2. What did you learn about yourself? (James 1:23-24 & 2 Timothy 3:16-17)
3. How were you corrected and rebuked. How do you need to change to be a man/woman of God; thoroughly equipped for every good work? (2 Timothy 3:16-17)
4. What did you learn from the Scriptures that will help you endure and be encouraged? (Romans 15:4)
5. What did you learn that will help you to serve at Little Hill Church? (Ephesians 4:11-16)
6. What have you learnt that helps you to love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind? (Matthew 22:37-40)
7. What has helped you to love your neighbour as yourself? (Matthew 22:37-40)